gPodder Bug Tracker – Bug 1534
Loses track of download if the "episode" disappears during a download (Debian #654546)
Last modified: 2012-01-06 12:32:59 GMT
Here is the scenario, relating to the NBC news video podcast:
This podcast only publishes one episode a day, and when you update on that day, all previous episodes
* I was downloading yesterday's episode, and it did not finish, so this morning I resumed it.
* while it was downloading, I updated the podcast, which resulted in the episode I was downloading
disappearing from the podcast episode list
* when the download completed, the episode was visible no where within the gpodder UI
* but the file was safely stored in the usual place.
Two unfortunate consequences:
* I have to navigate to the file and play it manually.
* the file will presumably be stranded there in the file system forever for someone who does not
realize what is going on.
Thanks for your bug report.
Fixed in the Git master branch: http://gpodder.org/commit/c0de3350
Before removing episodes that have disappeared from the feed, it's now checked if they are currently being downloaded. If they are, they are not removed. Cancelling a download and refreshing the feed or deleting the downloaded file and refreshing the feed will still remove the episode.
I've also opened bug 1535 which is about download resuming in the CLI, because if downloads are not put into "paused" state in the CLI on startup, their "downloading" flag will return False, thereby making it not work. It works for the Gtk UI, though.
This will be released with gPodder 3.0.3.